For someone who has barista skills and experience and wants to explore how to improve coffee quality and prepare for more complex job functions found in the barista profession. Through this interactive course, learners better understand coffee itself.
This program is a 14-hour course (7 hours X 2 sessions)
Learners will gain a deeper understanding of the coffee itself.
- Impact of a coffee’s variety specifically.
- Processing methods on flavour,
- Parameters of coffee quantity,
- Shot time and their interaction when dialling in a brew recipe.
- Coffee beans origin, variety, processing, and roast
- Workflow management and efficiency; Lay outs and Equipment
- Espresso Process; Grinder Models, Types, and Techniques
- Extraction and Brewing; BR Calculation & EB Formula, Strength
- Sensory; Extraction Rates, Body, and Texture of an Espresso
- Milk; Composition, Deterioration, Quality and Stability, Substitutes & Latte art standards.
- Espresso-Based Menu; Construction and Taste Differences
- Cleaning, Health, and Safety; Stock Management, machines maintenance
- Water Quality and Guidelines
- Customer Service, Café Management Interactions and Costs
All materials will be provided
All sessions are valid for 30 days upon booking
18 and older
- A certificate of completion will be provided by the institute
- AED 210 Apron/T-shirt fee must be paid directly at the academy.
- USD 50 enrollment fee will be collected by SCA
- It's recommended but not mandatory that students take the coffee fundamentals and barista skills foundation available at Premium Full Essential Barista Course
Deira City Centre, Port Saeed Rd.
Al Ansari Building, Floor no. 3, Office No. 312
behind EPPCO Petrol Station & Mosque
Opposite Sapphire Tower