Backache is one of the most common disorders today. More people are complaining of undiagnosed back pain and the most common site being the lower back followed by the neck and shoulders. This situation arises mostly from long hours in uncomfortable car seats and/or office chairs. Some causes are poor posture, lack of exercise, excess weight, improper lifting, smoking, etc.
Practicing yoga asana helps build muscle strength, flexibility and improves blood circulation around the lower back region where muscles are most dormant. Yoga (asana and pranayama) helps achieve relaxation which reduces stress and strain from tensed muscles.
How yoga addresses back pain?
- Forward and backbends to loosen tensed muscles
- Simple twists to improve the flexibility of spine
- Stretches to flush the area with fresh blood
- Meditation to relieve mental and emotional stress
- Breathing techniques for the balance of body and mind
Who should attend?
Anyone with the following issues
- Slipped disc (surgically treated or through physiotherapy)
- Undiagnosed lower back pain
- Lower back muscle spasm
All materials will be provided
All sessions are valid for 60 days upon booking
16 and older
Yes Business Center