Swimming in open water is one of the best ways to relax and escape the daily grind. But while many of us enjoy being tossed around by the waves, we must ensure that we're prepared for all that the sea has to offer.
In this private class, your instructor will teach you how to swim safely in the sea. He will cover various open water topics and techniques with you, depending on your level and goals. Due to the complexity of the natural waters, it is ideal for students to have basic knowledge of swimming prior to this class.
You will learn the following:
- Open water breathing techniques
- Long-distance swimming to develop your endurance
- High flotation; the seawater gives a high level of buoyancy when swimming
- Floating flat effortlessly for recovery
- Using your back to the waves
- Tackling the swell and currents, while retaining a smooth and regular stroke
- Adapting your swimming technique to the environment
- Finding your most comfortable swimming rhythm
This class is 45-minutes long and you can opt to book for 1 session, 8 sessions, or 10 sessions.
About the instructor:
Paul Onyia is an ASCA Level 2 certified swimming instructor, who has professionally taught swimming to kids and adults for 4 years in the UAE. Paul has also completed his first aid training and is a trained lifeguard.
Intermediate & Advanced
- Students must bring their own goggles, swimming cap, and swim suit
All sessions are valid for 30 days upon booking
18 and older
- It is recommended to have basic swimming knowledge for this class
At the following locations:
- Jumeirah Beach Residence, JBR Beach
- Umm Sequeim Beach
- Al Sufouh Beach