Badminton is a great option if you're looking for something to get your heart pumping hard, while also being fun! The rules are super simple and you just need a racket, a shuttlecock, and a friend. Join this group badminton class to play with others who are enthusiastic about it!
This is a 2-hour long class for all ages - you will be divided according to the level you're at and your age group. Book either 4 sessions or 8 sessions depending on what your experience and needs are.
You will learn:
- Basic strokes (including proper grip, swinging of a racket, follow-through, the use of wrist/arm/shoulder/hip and shoulder movements, racket and shuttlecock point of contact, how to serve and receive serve)
- Footwork and stroke combination
- General physical conditioning (warm-up/cool-down exercises, cardiovascular/ endurance exercises, strengthening and flexibility exercises) – generally a tool to avoid injuries
- Basic court play rules (scoring for singles and doubles games, service/receiving, faults, court courtesy, sportsmanship) - groups will be divided into different levels & age groups
* Student needs to bring their own racket
All sessions are valid for 60 days upon booking
4 and older
* A certificate will be issued on the basis of improvement of student
Al Quoz 4, Near Jumeira University