Disco never dies, and neither does skating! Give your kids the chance to experience the sport that's making a comeback! It's fun, easy to learn and anyone can try it out!
Skating is also a great exercise for your kids to practice - it burns calories, reduces stress and doesn't overexert the joints! This private class is designed to teach your kids the basics of skating, plus they get to practice their skills with aspiring skaters.
You can choose between 1 or 10 sessions, each session lasts 1 hour. This class can be rebooked as many times as you want until your kid reaches their desired goals.
What they will learn:
- How to be comfortable in skates
- How to balance when standing
- Maintain control and stop whenever they choose to in seconds
- Various basic stopping methods such as:
- Toe Stop Drag: balancing more of your weight on one leg to get the ‘drag’ light enough to drag but heavy enough to slow you down
- Plough: this mimics a scissors-style motion where you move your feet in and out. You can slow yourself down in either part of the scissor. Either when your feet go wide or when your feet come together.
- T-Stop: drag your back skate perpendicular to the direction you are skating, forming a “T” with your skates
- Develop their skating prowess by co-ordinating a broad range of skills
- Students must bring their own skates and safety gear
All sessions are valid for 60 days upon booking
2 - 17 years old
- A registration fee of 100 AED to be paid at the institute
- Optionally students can purchase the academy uniform for 120 AED
JSS Private School
40 B street