Let your kids discover the fun of the game of wits! Enroll them in this chess class and get the minds of your kids churning with strategy!
This class provides new or beginning students a strong foundation in the rules and strategies needed to play the game of chess. The course teaches the rules of the game, basic strategy, important opening concepts, recognition of tactical themes, calculation of material exchanges, and elementary endgame knowledge.
In addition to learning the fundamentals of chess, this course will promote the growth and development of skills in kids through concentration, logic, decision making, planning, and self-discipline.
The students will be able to learn:
- Correctly place pieces on the board to set up of a game of chess and know the legal moves of each piece.
- Understand and explain how a game of chess can end in either checkmate or a stalemate.
- Understand and perform the strategies for basic openings and end games.
- Competently attack the opponent’s king while defending their own king.
All materials will be provided
All sessions are valid for 60 days upon booking
6 - 15 years old
* The student can opt for a free trial session. Please contact our toll-free number 800 3337 to check for availability
Chess Lab, Al Sayyah Building, Office #110