This internationally certified 3-month (13-week) professional cooking & culinary diploma program (total course duration 380+ hours) is specifically designed foundation course for those who are looking to start a career as a chef in UAE or abroad, such as students who have completed their secondary education and looking for specific training, and also suitable for experienced chefs looking for qualifications. The objective is on preparing students to become professional chefs suitable and certified for entry-level positions (commis) in any restaurant kitchen globally or to open their own restaurant.
For students who prefer to pay in installment rates, please call us at 800 3337 for further details.
Students who successfully complete the program will be awarded certificates from City & Guilds (London) IVQ Food Preparation and Cooking (Culinary Arts) Level 2 Diploma (8065-02) and will also have the option of getting their certificates attested by the Government of Dubai’s Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA). Students can join after the program start date, and must attend catch-up classes that will be arranged at a mutually available time outside usual program hours for any missed material
This program not only offers the benefits of learning the skills needed in the kitchen but also allows for international exposure through the guidance and network of experienced and qualified chefs.
Key features of the Program:
- Students will spend approximately 70% of their time learning culinary techniques (French classical) with the remainder of the program devoted to the application of these acquired skills to world cuisines.
- All subjects are developed and taught in a practical environment (90% hands-on) where students will be able to learn, understand, create, and develop their skills in cooking.
- Candidates successfully completing the Pro Kitchen program are eligible to apply for Internships through SCAFA. Candidates should have a secondary school education and must be over 18 years of age to be able to participate in the Internship/Work Placement Programme.
- Internationally recognized certifications upon successful completion duly attested by the Government of Dubai’s Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) as well as a City & Guilds (London) IVQ Food Preparation and Cooking (Culinary Arts) Level 2 Diploma (8065-02).
- Week 1: Knife Skills & Emulsions, Food Safety & Hygiene
Learn from expert chefs all about the different types of knives, cutting techniques, and how to prepare your dish in the most professional way along with important food safety and hygiene practices in the food industry
- Week 2: Food Science, Stocks & Thickeners
Learn to prepare soup from scratch and get more insight about thickeners and stocks made from chicken, beef, fish, and veggies
- Week 3: Produce, Vegetables & Eggs
Learn all about the different ways of cooking eggs perfectly
- Week 4: Starches, Mother Sauces
Learn how to prepare dishes with kitchen staples like rice and potatoes
- Week 5: Poultry & Production
Learn all about deboning and the different ways of cooking poultry - roasted, baked, grilled, sautéed, braised, or fried
- Week 6: Fish & Shellfish, Fishing & Sea Farming
Learn how to choose, prepare, cut, and cook the freshest seafood
- Week 7: Red Meat, Livestock
Know all about cooking methods, setting the right temperature, appropriate resting time, and also how to cut and serve red meats
- Week 8: Baking, Flour, Yeast & Bread Making
Learn to work with yeast and make freshly baked bread & bakery products
- Week 9: Pastry & Techniques
Get tips and tricks from professional bakers and learn to create some of the most loved and crave-worthy pastries
- Week 10: Desserts, Design & Plating
Learn to make mouth-watering desserts like Fruit Mousse, Poached Pears, Tiramisu, and more like a pro!
- Week 11-13: Cuisines of the World
Preparing the most sought-after recipes from all over the world - from Italian, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Asian and American
- All materials are provided including - all study materials, ingredients, tools & equipment, uniforms (2 sets of chef jackets & pants, 1 chef hat), and lunch
48 hours prior to course start with full refund
18 and older
- Students who successfully complete the Professional Kitchen program will be awarded a City & Guilds (London) IVQ Food Preparation and Cooking (Culinary Arts) Level 2 Diploma (8065-02). A fee of AED 1575 (incl. of VAT) will be applicable, directly payable to the institute
- Optionally, students can get certification attested by the Government of Dubai’s Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) for an additional cost of AED 525 (incl. of VAT), directly payable to the institute
- The number of sessions may vary between 60-66 depending on the learning progress of the respective class (class timings might be adjusted on certain days to accommodate extra learning/practical sessions)
- Some schedule dates might be subject to change due to public holiday announcements
- Students can join after the program start date, and must attend catch-up classes that will be arranged at a mutually available time outside usual program hours for any missed material
- Payment for the class can also be made in 3 installments, due 1st of each month. Please contact us at 800 3337 to avail this option
Unit 16, Promenade Level, Cluster I
Jumeirah Lakes Towers - JLT