Get insight into the life of a barista!
In this 46-hour course, you'll be introduced to various coffee, barista, latte art, brewing and mixology skills for both the coffee shop and personal use. For this premium course, you will have access to premium-quality coffee and materials. After completion, you will undertake an exam to obtain 3 certificates (1 SCA and 2 GCC).
- 3 Certificates after passing Final Exam
- 1 Specialty Coffee Association Certificate (Global)
- 2 GCC Certificates
- 10 Points towards full Coffee Diploma
- Career Guidance
- Global Coffee Membership Portal
Full Course Outline:
Introduction to Coffee:
This is an ideal course for anyone who is new to the coffee industry or just has an interest in this wonderful drink. It charts coffee’s journey from its origins in Ethiopia to the major commodity it is today, enjoyed by millions of people around the world. From the coffee process, roasting, and brewing to tasting, this course gives a general overview of coffee’s supply chain.
This course focuses on the key skills required to set a grinder, make espresso and foam, and texture milk for cappuccinos. It allows you to gain an introductory understanding of the coffee itself and set a foundation from which to build practical skills for milk technique and latte art while implementing health and safety practices and customer service
You'll undergo practical and written assessments to test your knowledge. All skills from these modules will be assumed to be held and may be tested.
Latte Art Foundation:
Master the art of creating basic, incredible top designs from a simple heart to a 3-D babyccino bear. With easy-to-follow, fully illustrated instructions from one of the leading latte artists, you’ll soon impress your friends and family with spectacular coffee art designs.
This course introduces you to the different methods of brewing coffee. You'll receive theoretical and practical hands-on instruction for a range of devices including automatic and manual gravity brewers, as well as other commonly used brewers within their local culture. You'll also explore how to produce a tasty brew based on an understanding of the essential brewing elements and an analysis of their brew results.
Mixology and Bartending Foundation:
Explore how to make and bring refreshing mocktails into the mix like ice-cold and well-balanced drinks in this mixology class. Take seasonal ingredients and everyday staples and turn them into delicious condiments for your beverages with customized demands for different mocktails.
- Students must bring a notebook and pen
- Optionally, for each topic (module) listed in the description, students can purchase a 50 AED booklet to refer to
- All other materials will be provided
All sessions are valid for 60 days upon booking
15 and older
- 1 SCA and 2 GCC certificates will be provided upon the success of the exam
- AED 210 Apron/T-shirt fee must be paid directly at the academy
- USD 50 enrollment fee collected by SCA
- The center will coordinate with you to arrange you in the next upcoming batch after booking as per mutual convenience
Deira City Centre, Port Saeed Rd.
Al Ansari Building, Floor no. 3, Office No. 312
behind EPPCO Petrol Station & Mosque
Opposite Sapphire Tower