Learn advanced skills in royal icing and piping, focusing on the artistic use of liquid sugar.
Who is this course for?
This program is specially designed for those interested in creative sugar art styling & cake decoration at the personal, professional and entrepreneurial levels.
The course is specially designed for those inclined towards creative sugar art styling & cake decoration as an amateur or professional. Get to learn a combination of techniques and creative stylings with a professional approach, understand the intricate skills and master a wide range of presentation techniques, product packaging, business essentials & pricing guidelines.
Qualification & Outcome
This certificate program is accredited by the City & Guilds London as a bespoke course offered by the International Centre for Culinary Arts (ICCA Dubai).
Developing and mastering piping skills equips a cake decorator with the top of the line technique and level of finesse for premium presentations.
The key techniques covered in the course:
- Learn to make perfect consistency royal icing.
- Designing and preparation of cake for coating and covering in liquid sugar or royal icing/buttercream
- Piping techniques and texturing
- Advanced piped flowers: Rose and Chrysanthemum
- Borders and over piping ideas
- Calligraphy and piped messages for cakes
- Pricing recommendations
- Business guidelines
About the Instructor – Chef Nasarene Dhanki
Nasarene has been teaching cake decoration and Sugarcraft in Dubai for well over 25 years and is a certified instructor by City and Guilds, London and British Sugarcraft Guild. She found her passion for sugar art through another field of interest, the food industry. Coupling this with further studies, training and inherent artistic ability brings her to enjoy what she does today, baking and sugarcrafting and training others to do so.
Nasarene is also an ex-PME Knightsbridge School of Cake Decorating for Professional Diploma Courses in Sugar Crafting and Cake Decoration. She is now a City & Guilds certified instructor for the Sugarcraft Program under the Sugarcraft Department at the ICCA Dubai.
* Starter kit & course book provided.
* All equipment, ingredients, protective gear and course materials are provided for the training.
48 hours prior to course start with full refund
16 and older
* A diploma is awarded on completion of this module. This certificate program is accredited by the City & Guilds London as a bespoke course offered by the International Centre for Culinary Arts (ICCA Dubai). The program is recognized by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA), Government of Dubai.
Block 8, First Floor