Make the most of the clear coastal waters of Dubai and learn to sail a catamaran, an exhilarating and liberating water activity.
The catamaran is a vessel that is balanced on two hulls with the sails in the middle, comprised of a cockpit, the main cabin and some netting that makes for a wonderful spot to relax and take in the glorious sun. You will be able to learn how to ride the 15.5 feet long RS CAT 16, designed for fast and easy recreational sailing. It’s the ideal boat for single-handed sailing but with enough room to make it a fun trip for the entire family.
Qualified instructors will guide you on how to run the boat and safety measures, complete with on-water guidance customized for both complete beginners and those with existing sailing skills. You can choose between 10 sessions for an in-depth introduction to the fundamentals of sailing and 5 sessions for a refresher on your existing skills. Each session takes 1 hour and is private and 1-on-1 so it can be adjusted depending on your goals and skill level.
Enjoy the experience of a lifetime out on the water and get a taste of what it is like to sail your own vessel.
* You must wear comfortable clothing and swimwear; life jackets will be provided
* We recommend that you bring along a sunhat, sunglasses, and a high SPF sunblock
* You can wear waterproof shoes or go barefoot
All sessions are valid for 90 days upon booking
12 and older
* Pre-requisite: You must have basic swimming skills
* Free valet parking available. You must arrive 15 minutes before your actual schedule to avail this
* Free access to changing room, shower, and towels
* Sunbed and pool access not provided. It can be bought separately at the reception
* Letter of participation can be provided upon request
Sofitel Dubai The Palm
The Palm Jumeirah