Get introduced to one of the most amazing and enjoyable watersports and learn directly from a highly experienced, IKO certified kiteboard instructor. In this 10 hours (4 sessions x 2.5 hours) 1-on-1 course, you will get to know all about safety systems, determining wind conditions, launching the kite, changing course and depowering the kite.
Kitesurfing is also a great fitness workout since it combines elements of wakeboarding, snowboarding, windsurfing, paragliding, and gymnastics into one sport. The bay where these kitesurfing lessons are taught is a large open, safe and spacious with plenty of room for kitesurfers to practice and learn without being concerned about other water users. All lessons are provided by highly experienced and IKO certified kiteboard instructors.
The course adheres to IKO standard steps:
- Discovery: You will learn the basics of kite surfing, rigging and equipment, safety system, first piloting experience, launching, landing, wind window theory and spot assessment
- Intermediate: After mastering all the skills of the discovery module, you are now ready to enter the water where you will learn water relaunch, body drag, body drag upwind, and finally water start.
- Independent: After you get your Eureka moment riding some distance on the water, it is now time to improve your riding, knowing how to stop and how to go upwind. When you are able to ride, you are now an independent kitesurfer! It's now time to enjoy this sport safely by yourself, with your own personal equipment.
The goal of this course is to make you independent and enjoy this wonderful sport on your own with your free kiteboarder certificate. The IKO licenses are valid worldwide and can be used in any IKO center for kiting, equipment rental or to buy your own equipment
* Bring a towel and clothes which are comfortable to wear when wet
* All other materials, equipment and safety gear will be provided
All sessions are valid for 90 days upon booking
12 and older
* Upon completion, you will receive the International Kiteboarding Organization (IKO) certificate of competence
* Course booking includes complimentary access to the watersports center (30 min prior and 60 min after each session)
* Lessons can be provided in English, Italian and Spanish
* Lessons can be rescheduled in case of bad weather conditions
Jebel Ali Golf Resort & Spa
Watercooled Watersports Center