The objective of this course is to generate a body of knowledge of the basic criteria necessary for the design of landscapes. This includes usability, function, measures, proportions, design concepts and moods related to everyday life, studies durability, material selection involving function, as well as aesthetic values.
The course aims to introduce students to the basic elements of garden design, its principles, visual aspects with their perception, design vocabulary and their application in interior design.
It also familiarizes the students to the implementation of fundamental concepts and elements of Interior Design. Providing the student with the main knowledge and the purposes, principles, elements, steps for practicing interior landscaping in Interior Design.
- Topic 1
- Definition &purpose of landscape (garden design) in interior design
- Floor plans
- Introduction to Scales 1:50 and 1:20
- Relation between garden design and Interior Design
- Phases of design
- Site survey
- Topic 2
- Design consultation & project brief
- Principles of interior design
- Furniture layout comparisons & nursery room configurations
- Ergonomics of children's room design
- Activity: Playroom furniture layout plan and mood board
- Topic 3
- Moodboards and Plans
- The 10 Elements of Garden design
- Principles of Garden Design
- Garden design consultation
- Topic 4
- Landscape components
- Garden lighting
- Floor patterns
- Topic 5
- Coloring guidelines and techniques
- Types of plants
- Plant Drawing techniques
- Different types of gardens: (small gardens, patio design, atrium, courtyard, ……)
- Materials and colour
- Topic 6
- End of Course Test – Answers
- Student Project Presentations & Tutor Feedback
- Site visit and practical activity
Internship & Work Opportunities
The end goal of the training is to secure work in the industry, which is facilitated through internship opportunities at design companies and showrooms such as Pottery Barn, Ethan Allen, Crate & Barrel, and more. Work shadowing is also organized for top students during holiday breaks. Great care is taken to match the student's aspirations and abilities with a suitable practice.
- Students must purchase the materials for an additional fee of AED 200. Materials include Scale ruler, tracing paper, graph paper, double-sided tape, metal ruler, Stanley knife, scissors, glue, A4 white paper, A2 foam board.
48 hours prior to course start with full refund
16 - 80 years old
- A certificate of completion will be awarded after the course