Join this private sculpting class and develop a new skill to turn masses of clay into beautiful artistic sculptures! Throughout the sessions, you will get introduced to sculpting tools and techniques and learn to build models using air-dry clay. The class will be customized to any level of sculpting proficiency from beginners to advanced.
For beginners, you will be introduced to the basic techniques for working with clay like how to build unique forms and objects by coil building, pinching, and slab construction. Based on the object you choose to create, the instructor will guide you on using foundational tools and traditional methods to bring out the most vibrant features in your decorative piece. By the end of the class, you will have completed your own unique ceramic pieces.
The instructor, Rohidh Kanagot, is an award-winning, certified artist and art teacher with a masters in graphic design from Istituto Superio De Design in Italy. Rohidh will guide you through the process of improving your hand building and carving techniques in a set of 5 or 10 sessions (1.5 hours each). You can choose the number of sessions you would like to attend and rebook again anytime.
- Introduction to materials and tools
- Evaluating different objects to understand their structure
- Sculpting your first piece of art
- Performing different figures modeling
- Learning more advanced sculpting techniques
* Students need to get: Air dry clay (Brand name: DAS), Sculpting tools full set
* Materials can also be arranged by the instructor for an additional fee of AED 300-500, depending on the learning goals (optional)
10 and older
* This class can also be taken along with a sibling/friend. Please select '2 persons' before booking
At Your Premise