Create customized silk scarves or decorative wall-hangings by painting directly on silk fabrics. Painting on silk can give colors extra vibrancy, yielding beautiful results.
This class will teach you the basic techniques of silk painting in a variety of ways using salt, alcohol or wax to create special effects and flowing designs. Your instructor will help you select projects to suit your experience, starting with simple pieces for the beginners, and progressing to more challenging works and techniques to help you develop your silk painting skills.
Though painting on silk might daunting, this hands-on class will enable you to fine-tune your techniques and skills to help you master the art!
* Students may purchase materials from directly from the center for an additional cost of approximately AED 262.50 (inc. VAT). The material kit includes:
- Silk lightweight (no. 5), Gutta for outliner, anti-spread solution, silk fabric dyes (suitable for fixation by steaming)
- Frame for stretching silk in preparation for painting
- Paintbrushes (sizes 2, 4, 8, 10+)
- A large Chinese or form brush for backgrounds and large areas
- Masking tape, old brushes for using with wax, small jars for water, pencils for drawing & thumb pins
All sessions are valid for 90 days upon booking
13 and older
* Attendance certificate can be provided upon request
* All prices listed are for non-members of DIAC. DIAC membership can be bought at the center for a fee of AED 367.5 (inc. VAT) per year
Villa #27 - 75B Street