Want to learn how to create truly exclusive jewellery?
Start from scratch and learn how to make beads and pendants so every detail of your creation is exclusive. Using air-dry clay, you will learn how to mold and carve your project, so as to create the design you wish for. Once your shape, texture, and design is set you will learn how to paint beads to create the desired appearances and finishes.
For clay jewelry making, students will use air-dry clay to learn how to bring out different textures, impressions, and shapes - and embed objects into clay to create unique hand-made necklaces, bracelets, or earrings. Besides beading, assemblage and knotting techniques, students will also learn to use scraps of fabric and miscellaneous objects in their projects.
Choose between 2 sessions to learn how to make beads, 4 sessions to learn to make clay jewelry, and 6 sessions to learn how to create and combine both.
Give new life to your old jewelry, or use the sequins and beads you have collected to create brand new designs.
- Introduction to the types of clay used in jewelry
- Availability of resources and jewelry making supplies
- Observation, drawing the required design and texture
- Molding, shaping, texturing, bead holing and embedding in clay
- Making clasps, types of knots and looping
- Learning to make a pendant, necklaces, earrings, charms, bracelets, etc.
- Painting and beading.
- Colour theory
- Principles of design.
- Functional application of the tools and materials.
- Alternative ideas for clay craft - home decor, key chains, etc.
- Wireworks and wire jewelry techniques
- Tips on artificial beaded jewelry beading, types of findings and its uses
- Beaded jewelry makeover - reconstruct, repair or make a new piece from your collection of beads
- Jewelry beyond beads - using scraps of fabric and found objects
* A fee of AED 52.5 per session is applicable. Alternately students can bring:
Pencil, eraser, notebook
Air-dry clay, small knife, toothpicks, pins, spoon, fork, bottle caps, rolling pin, jar, plate, & optional beads, glass pieces, etc.
Acrylic, pearl, & metallic colors, paintbrushes (thin & pointed), palette, jar, & optional old toothbrush, varnish
Beading thread (hemp/wire/leather/cotton/plastic), clasps, 0.5 mm wire or ear wires & jump rings, pliers (chain & round nose & flush cutter), old jewelry, beads (wood, polymer, etc)
All sessions are valid for 60 days upon booking
13 and older
* Attendance certificate can be provided upon request.
* All prices listed are for non-members of DIAC. DIAC membership can be bought at the center for a fee of AED 367.5 (inc. VAT) per year.
Villa #27 - 75B Street