Want to learn a simple wind instrument? Learn how to play the recorder and enjoy playing your favorite tunes!
In this private recorder class, you will be trained by experienced instructors who will guide you through 1 of 3 properly graded training programs depending on your age and skill level. The programs cover the fundamentals of playing the recorder instrument and all the way to helping you improvise and compose simple music pieces.
You will be able to practice your skills even more by playing different repertoires and participating in different musical experiences such as concerts, master classes, recitals and performance appraisals. This will also help develop your confidence and self-expression. Choose to book 8 sessions to learn the basics of 16 sessions to practice the techniques and play a simple song on your own.
Classes can be rebooked as many times as possible until you achieve your desired level of proficiency.
- Beginner Program
This program aims at giving you a solid foundation in recorder playing through a step-by-step approach. The fundamentals of tone building, sound production, breath control, fingering and music rudiments are introduced at this beginner level. The program also covers learning about the instrument and its mechanism.
- Elementary to Intermediate Level
The main focus of instruction in this program is centered on good articulation and expression. Multitudes of exercises in recorder playing will be used to develop techniques and varied types of repertoires are studied to improve musicality in playing.
- Intermediate to Advance Level
The syllabus of the London Trinity College is followed in this program. The instructor will assess and assign the students to this program based on their learning progress. In addition to repertoires, the syllabus includes scales and arpeggios, sight reading, exercises, ear training, and improvisation.
* Students will need to bring their own recorders in the class
* Recorder purchasing recommendations will be provided by the instructor
* Your instructor will recommend the materials needed for the theoretical study: a set of 3 books for AED 125-150
6 and older
* Students with previous experience will be assessed by the instructor to determine the appropriate program
* All the programs are conducted in accordance with the Trinity College London Syllabus
* After a preliminary assessment by the instructor, students have the option to take the qualifying recorder exam of London Trinity College
* The instructor will explain the requirements for examinations
Jumeirah Plaza, Shop #26
Jumeirah Beach Road