If you are excited to learn the art of brush lettering but would prefer more focused time and attention, then this private online class lead by Nishika Ganwani, an illustrator and calligraphy teacher is the right one for you. Get hands-on experience and expert guidance to perfect your technique and learn a unique skill! The class will teach you modern calligraphy using a brush pen, which is like a marker that has a very tapered, brush-like end.
Each session takes 1hour and will be customized to fit your own experience level, interests, and goals. A beginners' first class typically covers things like:
- What is brush lettering & calligraphy, and what are its applications?
- The materials needed and how to use them
- Basic practice strokes
- How to form letters, words, and phrases
In 3-5 sessions, you will work on exercises to get your familiar with brush control, practice making shapes, and contrasting stroke thickness. This will be followed by combining and laying out words to form complete phrases. By the end of the sessions, you will be well on your way to developing your own brush lettering style and armed with the materials to take home and practice until you are a pro!
For experienced calligraphers, you will try out the metallic colors, use a variety of nibs, and discuss more in-depth how to create your own signature alphabets.
- A hand-prepared lettering kit
- A manual with guidelines for each letter of the alphabet
- 2 brush pens
- A special scale for writing names
- Tracing pad for practice
- Cardstock for a final project
- And a new skill for you to show off to your friends and family!
*The materials for this class will be sent to you via courier
All sessions are valid for 90 days upon booking
8 and older
* Upon booking this class, you will be contacted by the instructor to set the schedule. Following this, you will be sent a link to the online platform where the class will take place