The advanced PADI open water course is suitable for diving enthusiasts who have completed the open water course. Pick up new diving skills and safely explore the underwater world at different sites across the UAE, including Fujairah's Shark Island and Sharm Rook. The advanced course consists of a home e-learning theory part and 5 adventure dives over 2 days (each day takes 2-3 hours).
Out of these 5 adventure dives, 2 are compulsory: Underwater Navigation and Deep Dive. Since neutral buoyancy is one of the most important skills of a scuba diver, we also made Peak Performance Buoyancy mandatory. For the two remaining adventure dives, you can choose from a number of options based on your personal interests and preferences. We recommend that you try exciting options such as Night or Wreck Dive.
(i) About the theory part (e-learning at home):
The first part of the course is the theory which is a home study course done via e-Learning. Each dive has a chapter dedicated to it in the Advanced manual for which about six hours are required. You can complete the exercises online in the comfort of your own home before you arrive to dive.
(ii) About the diving part (at different locations)
On your scheduled day, you will meet with your instructor and the team, complete the eLearning quick review form, fill out the documents and fit your equipment. Once you are done with this, you will go straight to the diving. All dives start with a thorough briefing when your instructor states the objective of the dive, skills you will practice and procedures you will do. The learning objective for the non-mandatory dives depends on your selected option. For the mandatory ones it is stated as follows:
- Deep Dive: Practical aspects of deep diving and the physiological effects of deeper scuba diving
- Navigation Dive: How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time
- Peak Performance Buoyancy Dive: Buoyancy and streamlining techniques
* All diving equipment is included in the price - no hidden or extra charges!
* Access to e-learning course materials can be purchased directly from the instructor for AED 370. (alternatively, manual book and DVD can be purchased from the center at AED 300)
* Changing rooms & lockers are available for use at the hotel
All sessions are valid for 90 days upon booking
12 and older
* Participants should have already acquired the PADI Open Water Diver certification to participate
* Participants need to be in reasonable physical health and are required to sign a medical questionnaire before the class starts
* Participants will receive a PADI certificate upon the completion of the course
* The sessions can be rescheduled in case of unfavorable weather conditions for safety reasons. Rescheduling due to weather conditions will not affect your learning hours
Hotel Dukes Dubai
The Palm Jumeirah