Are you an IB student studying German as a second language? If yes, this class can help you nail your exams!
This 1-hour private online class has been designed to help IB students prepare for their exams to attain an IB Language B diploma in German. The class is suitable for intermediate and advanced students who have completed German levels B1 or B2.
What is an IB diploma?
The IB diploma is earned when students pass exams in six different subject areas and successfully complete the Extended Essay, Theory of Knowledge course, Creativity, Action, and Service requirements.
What is 'Language B' in IB Diploma?
Language B is a language acquisition under the IB Diploma designed for students with some previous experience of the target language. In the language B course, students further develop their ability to communicate in the target language through the study of language, themes, and texts.
You will be taught by a German-born native speaker, who has over 20 years of teaching experience and a master's degree in languages. The class will hone your core abilities of the German language including speaking, listening, reading, and writing. Your instructor will take you through several exercises to help you prepare for your exams and will cover both SL (standard level) and/or HL (higher level) for the exams.
- Preparation for reading, writing, speaking, and listening exams
- Practice with past papers, exam-style texts, and activities
- Critical thinking
- Exploring themes from the new IB Diploma Language B guide
- Discussing global topics in German
Book 10 sessions to get a comprehensive learning experience and sufficient practice. Optionally, you can book 1 session to test the class or refresh your skills.
About the instructor:
Felicitas Nixdorf is a KHDA-approved teacher with 10 years in the UAE and has taught at several of the top schools in Dubai. Over the last 3 years, her IB Diploma students successfully scored a full 7 on the German IB Diploma exams. Felicitas ensures that she goes through the entire curriculum with her students and provides them with all the materials and knowledge they need for exam preparation.
Intermediate & Advanced
- Students must purchase their own copy of the required IB coursebook and workbook; the instructor can advise you on where to find them
- The instructor will provide past papers and practice material
All sessions are valid for 90 days upon booking
14 and older
- Students must complete German B1 or B2 Level (according to CEFR) to enrol in this class
- The link for the class will be shared by the instructor upon booking
- Sessions in the morning or at different timings can be arranged upon request. Please call 800 3337 to check for availability
Via video-calling app