Are you looking to pursue a career in fashion design? This intensive, vibrant, and challenging fashion training will wake up your creative potentials shape your creativity and bring out the best of your skills, capacity, and passion for fashion design. Book now with Dijana Macura, an Assistant Professor of fashion design and an award-winning designer with 20 years of professional and academic experience in the industry, with fashion collections internationally presented in Dusseldorf, Rome, Milan and Paris.
The 4-week private, online course is packed with plenty of carefully created but dynamic exercises that will kick start your creative potentials and guide you to the core of learning about the successful fashion design process. Under the supervision of industrIal experienced fashion designer, you will discover how to design a fashion collection as professionals do focusing on capsule collections for specific customer profiles, seasons, styles, and target markets. You will be guided through the practical process of drawing, design, and presentation of the original women’s wear capsule collection.
This course is suitable for students of all levels who have a deep interest in the subject area and desire to develop professional skills expanding further their knowledge and understanding of the fashion industry. Each session is 3 hours long.
After completing this course you might like to go further and discover the next level fashion course: "How to build your fashion Brand" in the class of your lecturer fashion designer Dijana Macura.
- Orientation: Introduction to the fashion collection design process, fashion collection categories, seasons, target markets and industry standards in design and production
- Capsule collection design: intro
- The meaning and value of design brief: intro to the design project brief
- Starting your design journey: research process & exercises
- Brief for capsule womenswear collection design: Theme, Inspiration, Concept, Process, Creative Boards, exercises
- Figure drawing: exercises
- Colors in fashion design: collections styles, seasons, categories - drawing exercises
- Fabrics in fashion design: collections styles, seasons, categories - drawing exercises
- Collection design phase 1: (sketchbook drawing review and discussions)
About the instructor:
Dijana Macura is an Assistant Professor of fashion design and an award-winning fashion designer with 20 years of professional experience in the fashion industry and 18 years of academic fashion teaching and program coordination at the university level (10 years in UAE-University of Sharjah and Higher Colleges of Technology Sharjah.) She earned her University & MA degree in Fashion, Stage Costume, and Painting from the University of Arts Academy of Applied Arts in the Belgrade Republic of Serbia.
Students must have the below materials:
- A3 or A4 sketchbook
- A3 layout paper
- Collage paper (set of various colors)
- Old fashion magazines/or any color print magazine
- Graphite pencils – pack range from 4H to 6B
- Soft non-smudge erasers and sharpener
- Rulers, scissors & glue
- Black fine liner markers with a pinpoint fiber tip
- Color markers
- Color pencils
- Brushes no. 2, 6, 10 round & flat
- White gouache tube color
All sessions are valid for 75 days upon booking
18 and older
- It is recommended that students take a class twice a week in order to achieve the best learning outcomes