Starting a career in fashion design is exciting! Even more so if you have the talent to create Red Carpet-worthy designer wears. This course enables the individual to explore a keen interest in the industry and into the world of fashion and clothing design.
This course introduces you to the various roles within the fashion industry and how each roleplayer plays their part in the Fashion Design Industry. You will be introduced to the different areas of specializations that exist and where you could find a place within the industry. This course outlines the Design Process which includes understanding Customer Profiles, finding Inspiration and developing a collection.
This course is perfect for anyone who wants to get a good introduction in the fashion industry and learn the vocabulary of garment construction.
You will explore different niche markets in the fashion industry and understand each step in the design process. You will be given the opportunity to put this into practice through developing your own. The course will introduce you to the creative processes of Iconic Fashion Designers and will break down each step in that process, it will explain how you can draw inspiration to create your own unique fashion collections. Once you have completed this course you should have a good understanding of what fashion design includes from design through to production.
If you wish to get more in-depth knowledge of fashion design, take the Certificate on Fashion Design course.
* Stationery kit will be provided (sketchbook, pencil, pen, eraser, and sharpener)
* Additional course materials must be purchased for an approximate fee of AED 500
* Instructor will provide the list of needed materials along with purchasing recommendations
* Students in this course will have access to relevant software on campus
48 hours prior to course start with full refund
16 and older
* Participants will receive an Inscape certificate (KHDA attestation can be arranged for a fee of AED 200 to be paid directly to the institute)
Building 6, Office A209
Dubai Design District