Fashion enthusiasts and creative minds who are eco-friendly and want to do their bit for planet earth without sacrificing their style will find this class fun and helpful!
Learn how to transform your shirt into a suitable skirt. The 5-day hands-on course is taught by a master pattern maker and is suitable for complete beginners with no prior experience. Continuous assessment by industry experts will be given during the course. The class size is limited to ensure complete attention that is given to all students!
- Session 1:
- Brief about Sustainability, recycling, and upcycling.
- Introduction to stitching techniques
- The shirt discovery
- Session 2:
- Starting de-construction
- Opening the seams, cutting fabric
- Measuring the things and adapting to the final good size of the student to create a skirt
- Session 3:
- Choosing the shape of the skirt
- Finalization the skirt measurements and stitching
- Embellishment/ customization
- Session 4:
- Proper finalization
- Doing the Belt
- Session 5:
- Other textile association discovery
- Research, brief and developing new ideas on other garments transformations,
- Analysis of what has been already done by some creative Designers
* Students must bring scissors and unused shirt
48 hours prior to course start with full refund
15 and older