This 50-hour course explores exciting footwear design processes for a variety of shoe styles and applied techniques in 3D prototype production.
The participants will be introduced to the basics of the shoe design process learning the key components of the successful design addressing both function and fashion aesthetics (drawing practice.) They will make further progress applying the techniques and skills to design and develop a variety of shoe patterns and experiments in 3D prototyping production.
The final goal is to produce a unique piece of original design pattern and 1:1 scale 3D shoe prototype.
Week 1 & 2: Introduction to the course project brief and variety of footwear styles and shoe anatomy (components)
Week 3: Introduction to shoe lasts, styles, and forms with design templates (design & drawing)
Week 4: Experimental shoe design with a variety of materials and drawing for prototyping (exploration basic practice)
Week 5: Experimental shoe patternmaking: the exploration of the shoe patterns related to the design (exploration basic practice)
Week 6: Exploring the chosen idea to develop the prototype-3D model of an original shoe design (exploring materials and forms)
Week 7: Original final shoe design development -3D prototype production with selected materials
Week 8: Continuous work on the shoe design development -3D prototype production with selected materials
Week 9: Continuous work on the shoe design development -3D prototype production with selected materials
Week 10: Final presentation of original shoe design 3D prototype and experimental patterns
About the Instructor: Dijana Macura
- Assistant Professor of Fashion Design
- Award-winning Industrial Fashion Designer
- With 20 years of experience in the fashion design industry and academic education and fashion collections internationally presented in Paris, Rome, Milan & Dusseldorf.
* Stationery kit will be provided (sketchbook, pencil, pen, eraser, and sharpener)
* Students need to bring their own laptops and the institute will provide the student version of the software for them to use
* Instructor will provide the list of needed materials along with purchasing recommendations
48 hours prior to course start with full refund
16 and older
* Participants will receive an Inscape certificate (KHDA attestation can be arranged for a fee of AED 200 to be paid directly to the institute)
Building 6A, Office #209
Dubai Design District