Do you have some experience in fashion design or have you completed the Basics of Fashion Design & Dressmaking? Take your skills to the next level with this advanced course in fashion design and dressmaking!
In this 24-hour (12 sessions x 2 hours each) course, you will further your understanding of the principles of fashion design. With an emphasis on creating women's wear design patterns, you will learn how to make different designs by altering basic patterns, and using darts for design manipulations, seams and finishes.
Students will learn to cut, stitch and grade styles in tops, dresses and blouses using basic pattern blocks. You will gain new skills on:
- Pattern making
- Altering garments using dart manipulation
- Cut, stitch, and grade fabric to make a prototype outfit
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to expand your knowledge of pattern making, practice designing your creations, and bring your designs to existence. You will leave with an outfit you made.
- Recap: Quick revision of basic pattern making
- Basics: Introduction to garment construction
- Pattern Making: Practice your pattern making on muslins/toiles
- Dart Manipulation: where you use darts to move the fabric around to get your desired fit on:
- Basic Bodice
- Basic Skirt (Full, half and quarter circle skirt)
- Basic Dress
- Basic Sleeve
- Garment Construction: Cut fabric and assemble them together with a sewing machine
- Test Product: Create an outfit with muslin
- Final Product: Create an outfit with a fabric of your choosing
- The student must bring their own sewing machine.
- If the student doesn't own one then a sewing machine can be provided for use during the class. (1 sewing machine is available)
- All other materials like fabrics and tools will be provided.
All sessions are valid for 4 months upon booking
15 and older
- It is highly recommended that you have completed Fashion Design & Dressmaking Basics or individuals with some design experience who wish to improve their design skills can take this course
- This class can be taken online as well. Upon booking, you can inform your preferred method of instruction.
At Instructor's Home:
Unit # will be provided upon booking
Behind Mall Of The Emirates