Do you want to make a dress for yourself or for your loved ones? Learn the process of pattern making and sewing to make professional-level clothing! Pattern making is the ground for all design variations, and is the starting point for creating your clothing design ideas.
This private, 16-hour (8 sessions x 2 hours each) course introduces you to creating your own basic clothes such as dresses, shirts, and skirts. You will have personalized instruction on pattern making, which is the process of drawing out your design and tracing it onto the chosen fabric. From there, you sew your design to create your new garment.
- Measurements: How to correctly take measurements and using it for your patterns
- Pattern Making: Get an overview of how to design your outfit based on these generic designs or pattern blocks of womenswear:
- Basic Bodice
- Basic Knee-length Skirt
- Basic Princess Panel Dress
- Basic Full Sleeve
- Drafting: Drawing your design on paper using measurements obtained
- Basic Sewing: Learn how to sew your pieces together
- Garment Construction: Fabric manipulation for cutting and assembling fabric
- Test Project: Create an outfit on muslin
- Final Project: Create your own outfit
You leave with the knowledge and skills to create your own outfits plus an outfit for you to take home!
- Students must bring a book and pen.
- All other tools and fabric will be provided.
All sessions are valid for 75 days upon booking
18 and older
At Instructor's Home:
Unit # will be provided upon booking
Behind Mall Of The Emirates