Gaining command over the English language is about more than just speaking it fluently. Boost your English language skills by learning how to read and interpret English literature, craft compelling essays, and improve your conversational abilities.
This private, 1-hour class is perfect for students who already know English to some degree and would like to improve their skills in reading, writing or speaking. Ideal for university applicants or language enthusiasts, this class can be customized to suit your current level and eventual goals.
Your instructor Afiz is an Arab-American with a diploma in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) and has almost 10 years of experience as an English teacher in various schools throughout the UAE. He can teach English in CEFR Levels A1-C2. Choose 1 session to try out the instructor or opt for 10 sessions to take the full course.
You can choose to learn any one of the following:
- How to read and interpret literature: This course is designed to provide students with the ability to read and comprehend literature, including fiction, non-fiction, and poetry. By the end of this course, students will be able to analyze various elements of literature, including setting, plot, characterization, conflict, point of view, theme, tone, and literary devices, leading to the comprehension of texts.
- Writing essays: This course is designed to provide students with the knowledge and successful application of the writing process. It is ideal for students looking to improve general essay writing as well as personal statements for university applications, internships, and jobs.
- English conversation: The aim of this course is to help those that possess knowledge of grammar and proper usage of the English language, but lack proper practice. The instructor will help you tackle personal hindrances first and how to overcome them, then guide you through pronunciation, idioms, and general usage of words/phrases, especially when they differ in their written meaning.
* All study materials will be provided electronically. This will include PDF worksheets & lessons, video explanatory resources, online books, and other supplementary resources. However, if there is something you would like to use, then feel free to bring it
All sessions are valid for 90 days upon booking
10 and older
* Prerequisite: Students must know English to some degree
At Your Premise
In the following locations: Al Warqa'a 1, 2, 3, 4; Rashidiyah, International City, Mirdiff, Nad Al Sheba, Nad Al Hamar & Garhoud