Want to hone your conversational English language skills?
This 24-hour course (12 sessions x 2 hours) is designed for non-native English speakers to learn English at reasonable conversational levels and manage most daily chores with ease while reading, writing, and communicating with English speakers. The course takes a step-by-step approach and focuses on developing and enhancing English communication skills, giving you the confidence to blend in. The class size may vary between 1 and 5 people, depending on your preferred timing.
Upon completion of the course, you will gradually develop and progress to moderate English reading, writing, and conversational skills. This course, taught by instructor Cornell Wallace, ensures a breakthrough level of conversational ability for those who may have a bare minimum level of exposure to the language.
- General conversational areas
- Personality, characteristics, jobs, future, education, food & drink, entertainment, media, lifestyle, belief & superstition, travel, inventions, sports, global issues, relationships
- Grammar focus
- Tenses — present simple, present continuous, present perfect vs. past simple, present perfect continuous, present perfect simple vs. continuous
- Countable/un-countable nouns — much, many, a few, a little, a lot of, some, any, something, anything, nothing
- Verb patterns — infinitive vs. gerund
- Future going to vs. will vs. present continuous for future tense
- Comparative adjectives
- Superlative adjectives
- For and since
- First conditional & second conditional
- Have to / should / must / might
- Time clauses — as soon as / when / while / until
- Functional areas
- Describing habits and routines
- Describing past experiences
- Describing people
- Describing places
- Describing things
- Obligation and necessity
Using a competency-based approach, the course is designed to ensure that participants demonstrate knowledge and skills about all relevant steps, documentation, requirements, and standards used in class, self-study, and group exercises.
Beginner & Intermediate
All materials will be provided
All sessions are valid for 90 days upon booking
18 and older
* Students will receive a KHDA-attested certificate
* This is a small group course and class size may vary between 1 and 5 people
Mai Tower - Office #1412