Good communicators always have an edge and regarded as an asset in the professional setting. This is why the ability to communicate well is a desired skill in almost every industry.
In this holistic 22-hour (11 sessions x 2 hours each) business English course, you will learn how to communicate effectively in the workplace, gain confidence in doing presentations or interviews and correct common mistakes that result in miscommunication.
The class size varies between 2-5 persons with students of different skill levels, and the instructor will dedicate individual time for each student to teach them as per their learning requirements and assign them tasks to practice.
This outline details the need and purpose of effective Business English communication.
- Social Interaction Meeting & Greeting, Engaging Conversation, and Prompting Conversation
- People’s Skill Conversational Techniques
- Correspondence/ Telephone Emails, Letters, and Phone Calls
- Meeting Opening, Middle and Closing
- Interview skills & Negotiation
- Presentation Skills: Dos and Don’ts, Useful expressions
- About the Job, Job description, Job profile
- Organization Trend Ethics and Culture
- Business Etiquettes
- Business Conversation Schedules, Plans, and Timetables, Justifying Choices, Talking about travel, Certainty / Possibility / Hypothetical
- Para Linguistics - Components, Pitch, Intonation, Accent, Tone, Clarity, Pace etc.
- Non-verbal Communication, Effective Body Language - Posture, Gesture, Facial expression, Eye contact
- Business Vocabulary and Usage of Phrasal Verbs and Idioms
Beginner & Intermediate
All materials will be provided
All sessions are valid for 60 days upon booking
18 and older
* Pre-requisite: You must know how to communicate in basic English
* Participants will receive a KHDA-approved professional certificate (if required, KHDA attestation can be arranged for a fee of AED 150, to be paid directly to the institute)
Al Attar Business Centre, 6th Floor, #620
Sheikh Zayed Road
Beside ibis Hotel, Near Sharaf DG Metro Station