This 15 hours (5 sessions x 3 hours) professional drone flying course is a combined course where you will start with the basics of the drone flying to advanced flight practices along with a commercial drone operator license.
This is an immersive course meant for first-time drone pilots and upon successful completion, you will gain a complete understanding of RPAS (Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems) functionality, safe practices, and regulatory constraints.
This course covers basic to advanced piloting maneuvers and recovery techniques as well as more in-depth knowledge about remote aircraft. All sessions are taught by professional drone pilots who will show you how to pilot a drone in manual mode and share their personal tips and tricks. The course fee includes 5 additional flying sessions at the Sanad flying field & Commerical certification.
- Day 1: Fleet management and technicalities
On day one, you will learn to manage a drone department for an organization as well as learn essential technical details.
- Day 2: Advanced Flight modes (ATTi)
On the second day of the professional course, candidates will be introduced to manual flights.
- Day 3: Flight Practice
The third day is spent mostly outdoors, performing flight practice. Candidates learn advanced piloting and recovery techniques.
- Day 4: Flight Practice
Candidates will be introduced to manual flights and try out flight missions, radar reading, and emergency landing techniques
- Day 5: Flight Test
The last day begins with flight practice to ensure candidates are able to demonstrate skills learned throughout.
- MCQ: The first module includes an online multiple choice theory assessment which will include 30 questions.
- Simulation: After passing the theory examination, candidates must prove their practical skills on Sanad simulators.
- Flight Test: Candidates will be tested on advanced flight handling techniques and must also demonstrate flight safety.
- Once you are Sanad Certified this means you have met the requirements to register your RPAS as a commercial operator.
Upon booking, the instructor will contact you to check on your preferred timings and align with students of the same skill level. The class size is limited to a small group.
Requirements for Commercial Certification:
- Emirates ID
- Bigger Drones (i.e. DJI Phantom 4, Inspire 1, Inspire 2, Matrice)
- Drone Insurance
- Trade License
All commercial RPAS Operators are to attach a copy of their business and or trade registration which shall include the below registration codes (DED DMCC).
a. 5190-17 Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (Drone) Trading
Includes reselling unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) and Drones controlled by the remote control of a pilot on the ground, in order to use for the survey, still and video imaging, mapping, and inspection.
b. 7494-04 Aerial Photography Services
Includes firms which provide aerial photography services, satellite imagery, and related services, in addition to the collection of their data including preparation of aerial photos and related non-engineering services, these firms may use the Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS).
c. An exceptional requirement form Dubai Film and TV Commission is that if an approval request includes “Film/TV Production” in their business entities, this will be accepted towards the NOC Approval process.
d. Commercial Operations outside of what has been included and mentioned above need to have their request evaluated on an individual basis.
e. Free Zone Companies: Free Zone Registered Companies, need to include the above descriptions in their business license. (Not necessarily the coding, but either of the descriptions above.)
All materials will be provided
All sessions are valid for 90 days upon booking
18 and older
* You will be learning with Drones / RPAS below above 4 Kgs & below 15 Kgs
* The course fee includes a commercial drone pilot certification as well as 5 additional flying sessions to practice your newly developed drone flight skills
* Requirements for Commercial Certification: Passport, Visa, Emirates ID, Bigger Drones (i.e. DJI Phantom 4, Inspire 1, Inspire 2, Matrice), Drone Insurance & Trade License. All commercial RPAS Operators are to attach a copy of their business and or trade registration (please see description for the full list). If you require additional information about the trade license give us a call on 800 3337