With the Middle East's fast-growing economy, learning Arabic would be a great skill to keep with its dynamic nature.
This 22-hour (11 sessions x 2 hours per session) course is ideal for beginners, as it covers grammar, reading and writing practice as well as an insight into the culture of the region. Students will learn the basics of the language and be able to build up enough knowledge to read and write at a starter level. Given the subtle differences between eastern and western cultures, it is beneficial for students to be aware of such differences that are embedded in the language.
The class size varies between 2-5 persons with students of different skill levels, and the instructor will dedicate individual time for each student to teach them as per their learning requirements and assign them tasks to practice the introduced tools.
What the course will cover
Reading Comprehension: To understand all types of simple texts, letters, notes, newspapers, and magazines. The technique used will be through reading texts and group discussion, comprehension, exercises such a multiple choice and true/false, comprehension and summary questions.
Listening Comprehension: Working normal situations of interaction, conversation and exposure in the classroom setting, all conducted in the native language, at a moderate pace, and with native speakers. The technique used will be through listening to text for either news of notices, conversation, interviews, directive texts, correlating visual images to oral directions, posting multiple choice and true/ false questions.
Topics & Vocabulary
- Basic greetings and introductions
- Countries and saying where are you from
- Describing things
- Describing where things are
- Describing characteristics and places
- Asking for directions and transportation
- Talking about yourself and your family
- Counting numbers from one to ten
- Talking about jobs and occupations
- Using a dictionary
- Introduce students to the colors
- Lots of videos related to the topics each session
- Summary after each session.
- Using adjectives
- Feminine and masculine usage
- Possessive attached pronouns
- Nouns in the definite and indefinite form
- Simple questions (what is this? whose is it? where is it?)
- Introduction to Arabic culture in relation to
- People at home and public places
- Everyday polite language
- Arabic as an international language and dialect
- Food & Culture
- Arabic hospitality
- The Arabic alphabet, reading and writing
- Special emphasis on unfamiliar sounds, weak and strong, short and long sounds
- Joining letters to make up words and phrases
- Listening comprehension
- Practical drills to learn reading and writing and the alphabet.
All materials will be provided
All sessions are valid for 90 days upon booking
18 and older
Al Attar Business Centre, 6th Floor, #620
Sheikh Zayed Road
Beside ibis Hotel, Near Sharaf DG Metro Station