Start your kids' journey in art in this private sculpting class and have them develop a new skill to turn masses of clay into beautiful artistic sculptures! Throughout the sessions, they'll get introduced to sculpting tools and techniques and learn to build models using air-dry clay. The class will be customized to any level of sculpting proficiency from beginners to advanced.
For beginners, they'll be introduced to the basic techniques for working with clay such as how to build unique forms and objects by coil building, pinching, and slab construction. Based on the object they choose to create, the instructor will guide them on using foundational tools and traditional methods to bring out the most vibrant features in their decorative piece. By the end of the class, they'll have completed their own unique ceramic pieces.
The instructor, Rohidh Kanagot, is an award-winning, certified artist and art teacher with a masters in graphic design from Istituto Superio De Design in Italy. Rohidh will guide you through the process of improving your hand building and carving techniques in a set of 1, 4 or 8 sessions (1.5 hours each). Choose the number of sessions they'd like to attend and rebook again anytime.
- Introduction to materials and tools
- Evaluating different objects to understand their structure
- Sculpting your first piece of art
- Performing different figures modeling
- Learning more advanced sculpting techniques
Choose between one of the following:
- 4 sessions: 1 project of 50x50cm canvas
- 8 sessions: 2 projects of 80x80cm canvas
- Students need to get: Air dry clay (Brand name: DAS), Sculpting tools full set
- Materials can also be arranged by the instructor for an additional fee of AED 300-500, depending on the learning goals (optional)
All sessions are valid for 4 months upon booking
5 - 17 years old
- This class can also be taken along with a sibling/friend. Please select '2 persons' before booking
At Your Premise