Our kids love playing video games, but what if they could create a video game using their creativity and according to their liking?
Here’s an online program where your kid will be building games using programming skills. Although the process of creating a game may be intimidating and the learning curve may seem tough, this program is specially designed for complete beginners looking for a quick shortcut into coding games.
Here are a few reasons why your kid should learn programming:
- Improve Math Skills: Math is essential to the production of games. Math is used in every aspect of game development.
- Coordinate Geometry: Placing and moving characters accurately develops a practical understanding of plotting on the coordinate plane
- Implement Game Physics: Simulate concepts like Movement, Gravity, Speed, Bouncing, and Rotation using code
- Creativity: The game screen is a canvas. It helps explore your kid’s imagination and creative skills
The best way to get kids to be more responsible about technology is by getting them to code. Python is a highly recommended and suitable programming language for kids. The program consists of 3 Levels and each session is for a duration of 1 hour. You can choose 12 sessions for 1 level, 24 sessions for 2 levels, or 36 sessions for the complete program.
- Level 1 - Python Foundation
- Variables & Functions
- Strings and Numbers
- If Statement
- Loops - For and While
- Building Functions
- Level 2 - 2D Gaming with PyGame Zero
- Game Window and Background
- Adding Text and Drawing Shapes
- Game Characters - Add and Move
- Handling Mouse Events and Keyboard Control
- Scoring, Lives and Splash Screen
- Jump, Drag and Sound Effects
- Level 3 - Gaming Project
- Build 2 Exciting Games
- Alien Clicker
- Mysterio Rush
- T-Rex Run
- Flappy Bird
- Kart Racing
All materials will be provided
All sessions are valid for 4 months upon booking
8 - 10 years old
Upon booking this course, the instructor will contact you to set the schedule and will then provide you with the link to the online portal where the class will be conducted.