If you’re young and fond of decorating your house, have an eye for color schemes and furniture choices, and would love to pursue a creative career that pays well, you’ve just found your class.
From architectural concepts to actual design application, this online 16-hour (8 sessions x 2 hours) interior design course for beginners gets you covered. Learn both theory and creative tips in interior design without having to go through rigorous university studies. You’ll know how to apply the right color schemes, pick appropriate furniture, and get familiar with wall & floor covers and window treatments among others.
Learn this full course from Rita Nicolas, an instructor who describes herself as a happy, young, and full-of-life designer and architect. She is a Lebanese national with 22 years of extensive expertise in teaching students fashion design, interior design, architecture, creative drawing, and painting in Dubai. You will leave the class with adequate learnings and confidence to decorate your own place and even do it for others. Classes can be taken in Arabic, English, or a combination of both.
- Lesson 1: The Heart of Interior Design
- Essence of interior design
- Technical facets of interior design
- What is a plan and how to read it
- What is a facade and how to interpret it
- What are elevation and perspective
- Lesson 2: Hands-On Learning
- How to use a scale ruler
- How to take a measurement in reality
- Practicing the architecture rules
- How to organize & bend spaces to your needs
- Applying acquired knowledge to toilet & kitchen plans in real-life (scenario simulation)
- Using trial & error process
- Lesson 3: Creativity
- Design for a studio room with perspective approach.
- Lesson 4: Technicals (Deep)
- Assessing the materials
- Learning the axonometric
- Evaluating creative approach of the studio (based on the new knowledge)
- Lesson 5: Technicals (Forward)
- Architecture tools & how to use them: Limier, scale ruler and architect ruler
- How to employ strict measurement to develop a bedroom design
- Review your own homes
- Lesson 6: Design Real-life Plans
- Designing a reception room from A to Z
- Utilizing the measurements and drawing plans, elevations, and perspective
- Real-life design examples
- Lesson 7: Colors, fabrics and furniture
- Selecting colors for your interiors
- Matching the fabrics with the furniture
- Using designs in different rooms in a house
- Experiment with design samples: before and after
- Devise and design dining room, and kitchen.
- Lesson 8: Joining technical knowledge and creativity
- Working with the colors on different house entities
- Achieve a kitchen and master bedroom
- Lesson 9: Styles of the past and the future
- Discussing different interior styles (from classic to contemporary to ultra modern)
- Mixing different interior styles into your own home design
- Lesson 10: Material selection to your needs
- Effect of the different materials on your home design & style
- Applying different height levels for various styles of living.
- Lesson 11: Lightings and space planning
- Space intelligence (“How to best squeeze an elephant into a Volkswagen car”)
- Lighting functions and their effects to your home plans
- Lesson 12: Your homes/End of the tunnel
- Your particular choice of home design plans
* Students need to bring their own A3 Sketchbook.
* Any additional materials required during the class will be communicated by the instructor
48 hours prior to course start with full refund
12 - 15 years old
* Upon booking this class, the instructor will contact you to schedule the time. Following this, you will be set the link to the online portal where the class will be conducted
* Lessons can be taught either in Arabic, English, or a combination of both
* Certificates of attendance will be provided upon completion of the course