This 1-week professional pastry module is a specifically designed foundation course for those both prospective chefs and experienced chefs looking for qualifications.
In this module, students will learn all the tips and tricks to making biscuits from scratch, along with a variety of tarts suitable for different meals and courses.
All subjects are developed and taught in a practical environment (90% hands-on) where students will be able to learn, understand, create, and develop their skills in cooking.
Students can also select the Full Professional Pastry Diploma to get certified as a full professional pastry chef suitable and certified for entry-level positions (commis-pastry) in any restaurant kitchen globally or to open their own pastry shop (optional KHDA certification is also available for the Full Diploma).
What you will learn:
- How to make various types of pastry dough, including:
- Pate brisee
- Pate latice
- Pate sucrée
- How to work with choux pastry to create classic pastries such as:
- How to create a range of tarts, including:
- Lemon tarts
- Fruit tarts
- Chocolate tarts
- How to make pastry cream and ganache to use as fillings and toppings for their tarts
- Make a variety of biscuits, including:
- Sable biscuits
Important: If a customer cancels a class less than 24 hours before it's supposed to start and wants to reschedule, an AED 150 fee has to be paid for ingredients.
- The program includes all study materials, course manuals, ingredients and uniforms
48 hours prior to course start with full refund
18 and older
- Certificate of completion will be awarded by the center (Optional qualifications available in the Full Diploma)
- Schedule dates might be subject to change due to public holiday announcements, which the center will inform you of in advance
Unit 16, Promenade Level, Cluster I
Jumeirah Lakes Towers - JLT