If you are a fitness freak that has a dream of opening their own gym or training people to help achieve their fitness goals, then this course will help you take those steps.
This course will help you become a full-fledged fitness trainer. You will acquire the skills and knowledge required to plan and prepare a gym-based exercise program with apparently healthy adults - both individuals and groups.
This may include young people in the 14-16 age range, provided they are part of a larger adult group. Client groups also covered are older adults, postnatal clients and disabled clients provided the relevant contraindications and key safety guidelines are observed.
This Level 2 is the beginner's course for those who don't have previous fitness coaching experience. To be a fully-fledged personal trainer, you must first achieve a Level 2 Diploma then gain a Level 3 Personal Trainer certificate. All personal trainers must be qualified Level 3. Once qualified, you can expand your qualifications by taking a number of additional courses, including specialist Level 4 qualifications as well as CPD Fitness courses for specific disciplines.
This qualification is aimed at the learner who wants to pursue a career in the health and fitness industry as a fitness instructor in the context of gym-based exercise.
As a fitness instructor, you will be learning about anatomy and physiology including:
- the heart and circulatory system
- the respiratory system
- structure and function of the skeleton
- musculoskeletal system
- postural and core stability
- the nervous and energy systems and their relation to exercise
- how to maintain health, safety, and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- how to program safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- how to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise program
The class's each session has a different module so the student can start on any date and cover any module in any order for the 3 sessions. The three modules covered are:
- Anatomy & Physiology
- CV & Resistance Method
- Principles of Exercise
The course can be started any week as the 3 modules are conducted in a weekly cycle and the class size can vary between 1 to 6 students. Students must attend all workshops and exams. You will have an option to take the exam after each module or after the completion of the course.
The student will have to do a home study after each module. The instructor will give some videos to watch and complete the questioner worksheet to prepare for the exam.
All materials will be provided
All sessions are valid for 6 months upon booking
16 and older
* Students must take an exam at the completion of the course
* The student will only get the certificate after passing in all the modules required to complete the course
* If they fail a reassessment fee of AED 300 per module (total 3 modules) is applicable
* Course certificate is required to get registered at REPs which is UAE's public register to recognize the qualifications and expertise of exercise instructors in the UAE
* Weekdays & weekday evening sessions can be arranged upon request. Please call our toll-free number 800 3337 to check for availability
* If the students cannot attend a workshop, they need to inform the institute in advance and an alternative arrangement can be made in the next available slot
Apex Business Centre, Bay Square, Building #7