Supply chain & Logistics plays a significant role in the globalization of business today. Supply Chain & Logistics is an essential function in any organization. A well-designed and well-executed logistics planning strategy surely streamline business operations, promote a good supply chain flow with minimized delays.
This 20-hour group training program (10 sessions x 2 hours) will equip a professional with strong foundation in Supply Chain & Logistics management suitable for today’s industrial standards.
- Frequently asked questions in Supply Chain Management Interviews.
- This high valued course serves as an introduction to advanced courses like CSCP(US), CIPS(UK), CPSM(US), CPIM(US), CLTD(US), etc.
- You will learn to develop and apply analytical tools and approaches in logistics and supply chain systems operations.
- It will teach you about developing logistics networks in order to minimize costs and deliver the best supply chain integration and customer service.
- This course will provides foundational skills for managing supply chain complexities while providing a competitive advantage due to superior logistics management.
- Be an expert in transportation and warehousing for large-scale, global supply chains.
- You will learn to ensure products are available at the right place, at the right time, in right quantity.
- You will develop the skill to help plan production schedules so items can be made in the right time to meet the market demands or shipped on time according to contracts and agreements.
- Module 1 - Supply Chain & Logistics Overview
- Overview of Logistics & Supply Chain
- Fundamentals of Supply Chain Management
- Logistics strategy with SCM
- Supply Chain Integration
- Logistics Case Studies
- Module 2 - Inventory & Materials Management
- Inventory Controls.
- Inventory planning and Strategies & Metrics
- Material Planning & Requirement.
- Material Planning Models
- Case Studies in Materials Planning.
- Module 3 - Storage and Warehouse Management throughout the Supply Chain
- Warehouse Operations.
- Warehouse Policies and Procedures
- Stocking methodologies.
- Stock counting.
- Warehouse Design
- Warehousing Case Studies
- Module 4 - Supply Chain Design & Networks
- Choosing the right location.
- Decision hierarchies in Supply Chain
- Choosing a Geographical region.
- Models of the Supply Chain Location.
- Feasibility study.
- Network Models
- Case Study in Supply Chain Design.
- Module 5 - Procurement, Purchasing & Sourcing
- Purchasing & Procurement Views.
- Supplier selection tactics.
- Sourcing Models.
- Conducting bids.
- Vendor Segmentation.
- Vendor development program.
- Case Study in Procurement & Sourcing.
- Module 6 - Negotiation and Contracting
- Negotiation tactics and Methodologies.
- Levels of negotiation.
- Contracting with the Vendors
- Sample contracts studying & drafting
- Case studies in Negotiation and Contracting.
- Module 7 - International Trade & Distribution Management
- Growing International trade.
- Transportation Management.
- Modes and methods of international transportation.
- Green Logistics.
- Quotas, Tariffs and Trade Blocks.
- Case studies in international Trade.
- Module 8 - Finance in International Supply Chain
- Methods of payments.
- Concepts of Documentary Collections.
- Concepts of Letter of Credit.
- Case Studies in Supply Chain Finance
All materials will be provided
All sessions are valid for 90 days upon booking
18 and older
- Certificate of participation will be awarded upon completion
- Optional KHDA certificate can be awarded with an additional fee payable directly to the instructor
- This course can also be taken online
At instructor's home (address provided after booking)
Dubai Silicon Oasis