Become widely knowledgeable in the fundamental concepts of financial assets and markets, the economic environment, and the competitive global investment market. Whether you are eyeing to establish a career in the finance industry or seeking certification to advance your professional portfolio, this course is for you.
This 32-hour (16 sessions x 2 hours) International Introduction to Securities and Investment course offers a broad introduction to the financial services in the professional sector, with a specific focus on investments from a global perspective. The sessions tackle assets and markets, equities, bonds, derivatives, and investment funds. They also discuss financial crime, insider trading and market abuse, and an understanding of ethical behavior and integrity.
The Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI) provides foundational, qualifying, and advanced studies in various areas of finance with global competence through certification exams available in 80 countries across the globe.
This class prepares you for the foundation exam for many higher level CISI qualifications. It adopts various training methodologies including an e-learning portal for course materials, Q & A exam review handbook, and several case studies and presentations. At the end of the class, you can now take the 1-hour exam at any Prometric Test Center in Dubai or Abu Dhabi with results to be posted online within 24 hours.
The class size varies between 2-5 persons with students of different skill levels, and the instructor will dedicate individual time for each student to teach them as per their learning requirements and assign them tasks to practice the introduced tools.
Who should attend:
- Fresh graduates/final year students/staff looking to enter the investment industry
- Staff responsible for making investment decisions, including administration, finance and accounting, IT, customer service, sales and marketing, and HR and training
- New employees in brokerage, financial planning, investment advisory, wealth management, and asset management industry
- Professionals mandated by the Securities and Commodities Authority (SCA) in UAE to take this qualification exam are the following: Broker Representative, Compliance Officer, Anti-Money Laundering Officer, Internal Controller, Trading Manager, Operations Manager, Risk Management Officer, Financial Analysts, Investment Managers, Chief Investment Officers, Promoters, CEOS, Directors, and Branch Managers
* Course materials will be provided through access to an e-learning portal
* It is recommended that students bring their own laptops. If unavailable, computers are free for use at the Center
All sessions are valid for 4 months upon booking
18 and older
Al Attar Business Centre, 6th Floor, #620
Sheikh Zayed Road
Beside ibis Hotel, Near Sharaf DG Metro Station