Apply modern design and typesetting techniques to create appealing layouts at par with professional print media standards!
Adobe InDesign is a desktop publishing and typesetting software that gives users precision, seamless integration, and control to produce professional quality media outputs. This software is mainly used to create posters, flyers, brochures, magazines, newspapers, presentations, books and even e-books. Learning Adobe InDesign would be a great asset on your skillset if you wish to land a career in a publishing company or advertising firm.
This 20-hour (10 sessions x 2 hours) Adobe InDesign course is designed to teach you the different features and functions of Adobe InDesign where you understand its menus, tools, navigational cues, creating and manipulating graphical objects and texts, and much more. You will also know how to export the right file format for print purposes (requiring high-resolution outputs) or web-friendly formats like PDF or ePUB.
Total beginners or those with previous experience in other Adobe Creative Suite programs like Photoshop and Illustrator are welcome to join this class.
The class size varies between 2-5 persons with students of different skill levels, and the instructor will dedicate individual time for each student to teach them as per their learning requirements and assign them tasks to practice the introduced tools.
- Properly set up and structure documents, including importing and placing text, working with the Story Editor, and using frames for the placement of images and graphics
- Format text using character and paragraph styles, and build color themes, including gradients
- Overview of workspace
- Working with objects
- Editing and flowing text
- Working with style, color and typography
- Working with pages and setting up a document
- Importing and modifying graphics
- Exporting and outputting
- Working with transparency
- Making rich interactive documents
- Creating tables
* It is recommended that students bring their own laptops. If unavailable, computers are free for use at the Center
All sessions are valid for 4 months upon booking
18 and older
* Participants will receive a KHDA-approved professional certificate (if required, KHDA attestation can be arranged for a fee of AED 150, to be paid directly to the institute)
* You must have basic computer skills to join the class
Al Attar Business Centre, 6th Floor, #620
Sheikh Zayed Road
Beside ibis Hotel, Near Sharaf DG Metro Station