Sketching for fashion design is a lucrative skill to have in the ever-evolving fashion industry. It does take a degree of competence to craft creations that fit the industry standards, and this crash course will help you get started!
Learn fashion design right with Rita Nicolas, an instructor who describes herself as a happy, young, and full-of-life designer and architect. She is a Lebanese national with 22 years of extensive expertise in teaching students fashion design, interior design, architecture, creative drawing, and painting in Dubai. In this 18-hour (6 sessions x 3 hours) crash course, Rita will help you master the art of portraying any size, shape, and figure you want and create amazing designs.
You will understand the basics of fashion sketching, learn how to decide on the right color combinations, and know the different textile patterns you can apply to your creations. Classes can be taught either in Arabic, English, or a combination of both.
- Lesson 1: Intro to fashion design & drawing basics: Creating a new fashion profile
- Lesson 2: Fashion materials and media: Exploring and drawing textile patterns
- Lesson 3: Learning the joy of colors: Color wheel and color palette
- Lesson 4: Hands-on drawing: How to draw the fashion mannequin figure
- Lesson 5: Half-body mannequin: Front-and-back sketching and coloring
- Lesson 6: Full-body mannequin: Creating 3 design sketches and coloring
Upon completion, you can take Part II of the Fashion Design for Beginners course.
* Students need to bring their own A3 Sketchbook or buy from the instructor for an additional fee of AED 99 (VAT incl.)
* All materials will be provided for use at the class only. This includes color markers, colored pencils, felt tip pens, tracing paper, sketching pencils, eraser, 12-inch ruler, watercolor box, brushes (0.1 round, 0.5 square, 0.6 round, no12 round), watercolor pencils and ink pens (01, 03, 05, 08)
All sessions are valid for 90 days upon booking
16 and older
* Lessons can be taught either in Arabic, English, or a combination of both
* The course can be started within 3-4 days after booking and can be delivered in a small group (if other students with similar time preference are available)
* Students will attend 2 sessions per week
Villa No. 27, 75B Street