We live and work in a global multicultural space now. Often our home culture is significantly different from the culture of where we work or whom we work with. In today's international context, smart business decisions depend on the ability to communicate effectively across various cultures. This is a necessity for global success.
Cross-cultural communication in the workplace opens the door for potential misunderstanding. Beyond the language barrier, global professionals are daily confronted with different behavior and ways of doing business. Understanding cultural differences and their expectations, raising awareness about diversity and the way employees interact with one another and with clients affects how well a business runs. Ultimately failing to communicate and lead across different cultures and lack of cultural competence can be a bottom-line relevant issue.
This 3-hour private workshop is designed to help individuals to bridge cultural differences, manage cross-cultural teams efficiently and communicate with international clients effectively.
Workshop Methodologies: This workshop will be conducted with a good blend of PowerPoint presentations, self-knowledge questionnaires, videos, and open discussions and practices.
- Understand the impact of your cultural values and implicit beliefs on our emotions and behavior
- Identify and overcome unconscious bias and stereotypes
- Importance of cultural intelligence and competence
- Recognize different cultural types and categories
- Geert Hofstede’s cultural dimensions theory
- How can cultural differences affect business communication?
- Impact of your culture on how we behave
- How to overcome cultural differences while working in a diverse team, moving to a new country or even in an intercultural relationship.
- Introduction to the cultural mapping tool
- How to achieve inclusiveness using cultural agility
About the Instructor: Sep Moussavi; a Dubai-based Culture Coach and Corporate Trainer/ Facilitator with over two decades of experience helping individuals and businesses to reach new heights and build strong and effective relationships by bridging their cultural gaps and capitalizing on people development, with one goal in mind: to help cultivate the full potential in humans – their mindset and skills. In addition, as a passionate advocate for human rights especially for women and children, Sep supports initiatives that enhance women's development and advancement through education and training. Sep's expertise and interests lie in cross-cultural management, cultural intelligence, human capital and diversity, equity and inclusion.
All materials will be provided
All sessions are valid for 30 days upon booking
18 and older
At Your Premise