The Autodesk Revit Structure software is the purpose-built building information modeling (BIM) solution for structural engineering design. It integrates a multi-material physical model and an independently editable analytical model; for layout, coordination and documentation as well as analysis through bi-directional links to popular structural analysis software.
This 30-hour course will teach you how to start new projects, import files & create levels using the software. You will learn how to work with structural walls, sections, and elevations, as well as creating roofs, floor framing, structural steel frames, and other roofing and flooring elements. This training can also prepare you for Autodesk’s Certified User and Certified Professional exams.
The class size varies between 2-5 persons with students of different skill levels, and the instructor will dedicate individual time for each student to teach them as per their learning requirements and assign them tasks to practice the introduced tools. It takes a total of 15 sessions (2 hours each) to complete the full course.
Who should attend: Structural draughtsman, structural detailers, and students who need their first exposure to Revit Structure or anyone looking for a refresher on the program’s core features and functions.
- Introducing Revit as a BIM Tool
- UI Tour, Project Navigation and View Creation
- Element Selection and Manipulation
- Visibility Control and Categorization
- Model Development Methodology
- Settings, Units and Linking Revit
- Modeling – Walls, Columns, Beams & Bracing
- Foundations and Piling
- System Family Editing
- Schedules and Legends
- Geometry Formation and In-Place Families
- Slab and Roof Tools
- Stairs, Ramps, and Railings.
- Beam and Truss Systems
- Construction Sequencing (Phasing)
- Sheet Compilation and Publication
- Subdivision and Collaboration
- Introduction to the Principles of Family Editing
- Considering Options and Alternatives
- Annotation and Detailing
- Family Editing and Modification
- Levels and Grids
- BOQ and Scheduling
Beginner & Intermediate
* It is recommended that students bring their own laptops. If unavailable, computers are free for use at the Center
All sessions are valid for 4 months upon booking
16 and older
* Pre-requisite: Students must have basic knowledge in AutoCAD
* Participants will receive a KHDA-approved professional certificate (if required, KHDA attestation can be arranged for a fee of AED 150, to be paid directly to the institute)
Al Attar Business Centre, 6th Floor, #620
Sheikh Zayed Road
Beside ibis Hotel, Near Sharaf DG Metro Station