Mesmerized with stunning visual effects and animations you see on movies? Now you can create mind-blowing videos by learning Adobe After Effects!
This 30-hour (15 sessions x 2 hours) animation and motion graphics course will teach you the basics of video animation and motion graphics by first getting familiar with its interface, menus, and tools. Once you know the basic functions, you will learn how to create advanced text effects, video blending, keying effects, track mattes, and other advanced animation techniques. You will also learn how to integrate Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator projects in your After Effects project to create rich compositions.
Both beginners and experienced video editors are welcome to join this class. Learning After Effects opens you to a range of lucrative career opportunities as the software is widely-used by motion graphics professionals, website designers, and visual effect artists for post-production on digital films, DVD, video, and the web.
The class size varies between 2-5 persons with students of different skill levels, and the instructor will dedicate individual time for each student to teach them as per their learning requirements and assign them tasks to practice the introduced tools.
- Getting to Know the Workflow: About the After Effects work area, Getting started, Creating a project and importing footage, Creating a composition and arranging layers, About layers, Adding effects and modifying layer properties, Animating the composition, About the Tools panel, About timecode and duration, About the Timeline panel, Previewing your work, Optimizing performance in After Effects, Rendering and exporting your composition, Customizing workspaces, Controlling the brightness of the user interface, Finding resources for using After Effects, Review questions and answers
- Creating a Basic Animation Using Effects and Presets: Getting started, Importing footage using Adobe Bridge, Creating a new composition, Working with imported Illustrator layers, Applying effects to a layer, Applying and controlling effects, Applying an animation preset, Previewing the effects, Adding transparency, Rendering the composition, Review questions and answers
- Animating Text: Getting started, About text layers, Installing a font using Typekit, Creating and formatting point text, Using a text animation preset, Animating with scale keyframes, Animating using parenting, About parent and child layers, Animating imported Photoshop text, Animating type tracking, Animating text opacity, Using a text animator group, About text animator groups, Animating a layer’s position, Timing layer animations, Adding motion blur, Review questions and answers
- Working with Shape Layers: Getting started, Adding a shape layer, Creating custom shapes, Duplicating shapes, Duplicating and modifying a composition, Positioning layers with snapping, Adding compositions to a 3D project, Adding the finishing touches, Extra credit, Review questions and answers
- Animating a Multimedia Presentation: Getting started, Using Creative Cloud Libraries in After Effects, Adjusting anchor points, Parenting layers, Pre-composing layers, Keyframing a motion path, Animating additional elements, Applying an effect, About solid-color layers, Animating precomposed layers, Animating the background, Adding an audio track, Supported audio file formats, Editing audio files in Adobe Audition, Review questions and answers
- Animating Layers: Getting started, Preparing layered Photoshop files, About Photoshop layer styles, Simulating lighting changes, Duplicating an animation using the pick whip, About expressions, Animating movement in the scenery, Adjusting the layers and creating a track matte, About track mattes and traveling mattes, Animating the shadows, Adding a lens flare effect, Adding a video animation, Rendering the animation, Retiming the composition, Review questions and answers
- Working with Masks: About masks, Getting started, Creating a mask with the Pen tool, Editing a mask, About mask modes, Creating a Bezier mask, Feathering the edges of a mask, Replacing the content of the mask, Zooming and panning by touch, Trimming the work area, Review questions and answers, Adding a reflection, Creating a vignette, Using the Rectangle and Ellipse tools, Adjusting the timing, Tips for creating masks
- Distorting Objects with the Puppet Tools: Getting started, About the Puppet tools, Adding Deform pins, Defining areas of overlap, Stiffening an area, Animating pin positions, Squash and stretch, Recording animation, Act it out with Adobe Character Animator, Review questions and answers
- Using the Roto Brush Tool: About rotoscoping, Getting started, Creating a segmentation boundary, Using Adobe Premiere Pro with After Effects, Fine-tuning the matte, Refine Soft Matte and Refine Hard Matte effects, Changing the background, Adding animated text, Outputting your project, Extra credit, Review questions and answers
- Performing Color Correction: Getting started, Previewing your project on a video monitor, Adjusting color balance with levels, Adjusting color balance with Color Finesse, Replacing the background, Color-correcting using Auto Levels, Motion tracking the clouds,Replacing the sky in the second clip, Color grading, Extra Credit, Review questions and answers
- Using 3D Features: Getting started, Creating 3D text, Using 3D views, Importing a background, Adding 3D lights, Adding a camera, Extruding text in After Effects, Working with Cinema 4D Lite, Integrating the C4D layer in After Effects, Finishing the project, Review questions and answers
- Working with the 3d Camera Tracker: About the 3D Camera Tracker effect, Getting started, Repairing rolling shutter distortions, Tracking the footage, Creating a ground plane, a camera, and the initial text, Creating realistic shadows, Adding ambient light, Creating additional text elements, Locking a layer to a plane with a null object, Animating the text, Adjusting the camera’s depth of field, Rendering the composition, Review questions and answers
- Advanced Editing Techniques: Getting started, Using Warp Stabilizer VFX, Bicubic scaling, Warp Stabilizer VFX settings, Using single-point motion tracking, Checking for drift, Moving and resizing the track points, Using multipoint tracking, Mocha for After Effects, Creating a particle simulation, Understanding Particle Systems II properties, About high dynamic range (HDR) footage, Review questions and answers
- Rendering and Outputting: Getting started, Creating templates for the Render Queue, About compression, Exporting using the Render Queue, Preparing movies for mobile devices, Rendering movies with Adobe Media Encoder, Preparing a movie for broadcast output, Review questions and answers
* It is recommended that students bring their own laptops. If unavailable, computers are free for use at the Center
All sessions are valid for 4 months upon booking
18 and older
* Participants will receive a KHDA-approved professional certificate (if required, KHDA attestation can be arranged for a fee of AED 150, to be paid directly to the institute)
* You must have basic computer skills to join the class
Al Attar Business Centre, 6th Floor, #620
Sheikh Zayed Road
Beside ibis Hotel, Near Sharaf DG Metro Station