This is a private woodworking course and is provided by specialists with over 30 years experience in professional furniture design and carpentry. The course is personalized and suitable for complete beginners as well as intermediate level woodworkers. It comprises of 7 one-on-one sessions (2 hours each) with a professional woodworker.
The first session is an induction program to introduce you to the right tools, materials, and techniques. Apart from the introduction, you will be able to set your goals or decide on the project and schedule. In the remaining 6 sessions, you will be guided on designing and creating your individual wooden furniture. Some of the most popular DIY furniture projects include different variations of wooden cabinets, shelves, tables, sofa and bed frames.
Since it's a private course, the schedule is flexible and coordinated directly between instructor and student. Each participant is first asked to speak with the instructor and brief him of the desired goals or project intended and then the instructor would suggest a lesson and project plan to learn and apply the respective woodworking techniques and execution.
- Safety and basic use training (woodshop induction)
- Introduction to woodworking materials
- Woodworking terminology
- Hand tools training
- Project planning
- Materials list and cut list
- Portable and stationary power tools training
* All tools, safety gear, training materials, and recommendation of personal gear & accessories for use will be provided
* The wood project's bill of materials to be determined based on individual project needs & not included in the course fee. Materials types and quantities for individual projects will be determined, sourced and procured in coordination with the instructor and paid by the student.
18 and older
* Required clothes & safety measures: No loose hair, loose clothing, rings, bracelets or other jewelry or any garments that can entangle with moving parts. Full trousers closed footwear
* If needed, additional sessions can be purchased at the rate of AED 450 per session
Al Quoz 3 - Al Quoz
Yousef Al Sharhan Complex, Warehouse #2