Learn Hindustani Vocal music from an expert and expand your vocal range in this online class for adults! Master singing in a variety of genres and styles, and improve your stage presence and performance.
You will have the opportunity to learn from a professional singer, who is also a certified vocal trainer in Hindustani classical music. He enjoys teaching students of all ages and is passionate about what he does.
Hindustani Vocal music is the classical music of Northern India, which can help you sing any genre in any language and gets your vocal cords aligned in a better way.
What You Will Learn:
- Introduction to Hindustani Music and understanding
- Sa Re Ga Ma (Sargam)
- Swar sadhana, Swara patterns / Alankars to strengthen the vocal muscle, perfect pitching, clarity, and stability
- Breath-holding exercises
- Different genres, such as Bollywood, Folk, Bhajans, Sufi, Ghazals, and any other song without any language barrier
- The different raagas and bandishes, from beginner level to advanced
- Different taal and rhythm cycles
About the Instructor:
Suraj is a professional singer and vocal instructor with a long personal and family history of musical performance, and over two decades of singing experience. Being a performer himself, he understands the nuances required for on-stage performances and coaches his students to perform confidently singing various genres of music.
Suraj has performed for the Times of India, Consulate General of India (Dubai-UAE), LULU Group, TEXMAS, RPBG, Mrs. India Dubai International, BOA Club, the Junction Auditorium and many more events. He has been very closely associated with leading Radio Stations like BIG FM and SUNO 1024 where he has appeared for interviews with live singing sessions and has done playback for them.
All materials will be provided
All sessions are valid for 75 days upon booking
18 - 75 years old
Via Zoom link (to be shared after booking)