Always wanted to try dressmaking but don’t know where and how to start? Let expert dressmaker Shilpa teach you the basics of machine sewing and the techniques to create different kinds of garments.
This 2-hour class is all you need to start mending and altering your dresses, adding new elements to your plain clothes, or sewing new clothes from scratch. Class size can vary between 1 to 3 students depending on your preferred schedule.
What you will learn:
- Operate a domestic sewing machine
- Threading and bobbin winding
- Use various types of stitches
- Hand sewing buttonholes
- Sew hooks and hand sewing eyes
- Sew different ways to attach zippers
- Make perfect gatherings for making frocks or skirts
- You should bring a basic sewing kit (includes scissors, scales, fabric chalk/marker, seam ripper, needle, thread, ruler); or purchase one from the instructor for a fee of AED 25
All sessions are valid for 60 days upon booking
12 and older
At the Instructor's Home Studio:
Al Badri Villas, 18th Street
(Unit # will be shared upon booking)