Get started with dry medium art and familiarize yourself with a new range of artistic techniques.
This private, 36-hour class (12 sessions x 3 hours) is ideal for those who are just getting started with dry medium art or for those who want to develop their existing skills under the guidance of an experienced instructor. You will have the option to learn any one medium:
- Oil pastels: Oil pastels are great for many reasons — they're easy to use, easy to control, and can be used to create great textures, gradients, and other effects. You can choose to focus on any of the following: abstract, contemporary, realistic, landscapes, portraits, sketching, conceptual, and still life.
- Charcoal: Produce impressively realistic sketches by drawing with charcoal. You will learn the techniques of blending and shading effectively. You can choose to focus on any of the following: abstract, contemporary, realistic, landscapes, portraits, sketching, conceptual, and still life.
About the Instructor
A graduate of fine art, Harshad has won many awards for his art apart from accolades from celebrated audiences and respected critics. His work reflects his breadth of imagination and the depth of his creative personality in bold strokes and carefully chosen shades, all depicting revealing insights of life from a refreshing perspective.
- Students must have the following basic materials:
- Pastel art: Pastel paper, pastel color (oil or soft), fixative spray, sketchbook, drawing board/an easel, bulldog clips & pencils
- Charcoal art: Vine or willow charcoal, compressed charcoal, charcoal pencils, white charcoal, kneaded eraser, blending tools, drawing board/an easel, bulldog clips & fixative spray
- After booking the class, the instructor will share a comprehensive materials list and can guide on where to purchase materials
All sessions are valid for 4 months upon booking
14 and older
At Your Premise
Anywhere in Dubai