Have you always dreamed of creating your own movies? Now you can go from being a simple moviegoer to an actual movie maker!
The 12-hour private course at your premises (6 sessions x 2 hours) with a professional filmmaker & actor will teach you everything you need to know to start creating your own films and movies - be it for private or career reasons!
From understanding how the movie making industry works to writing a compelling script and learning how to turn that script into a real movie using the right production and editing techniques. Since a movie can only be as good as it's script, your instructor will also show you how to unleash your creativity with various exercises that will help you develop creative story ideas and screenplays during the pre-production phase.
As you progress through the lessons, you will learn how to resolve and improvise solutions when original plans are not feasible during the movie production phase. Finally, you will know how to modify existing material into a completed creative work during the post-production phase.
By the end of the course, you will be able to turn any idea into a movie in the best way creatively and technically with the right tools and orientation.
About the Instructor:
The sessions will be led by Michel Nassar, an experienced drama club instructor from Lebanon who has been conducting acting workshops for over 14 years. Tag your like-minded friends along (must be of similar age group) so you can start creating your own film as soon as you finish the course!
Be prepared to watch and analyze classic and contemporary movies with continuous discussions and critique, which will contribute greatly to the learning process. Special attention will be paid to discussing how movies are developed from simple ideas to storytelling.
Full Course Outline:
- History of Movies
- Technical Terms
- Tell a Story (2min)
- Write a Script from a Synopsis
- Technical rundowns
- Errors and Axis Handling
- Turning a Scene into a Technical Rundown
- Turning a Run down into a Scene
- Write a rundown
- Directing an actor
- Behind the Script
- Body Language
- Film a Scene with Two Actors
- The assets
- The Audio (the soundtrack)
- The Sound Effects
- The Voice Over
- Choose a Music to your Previous Scene
- Gathering the Assets
- Managing the Holes
- Film and Edit a 5-Minute Movie
- Participants must bring notebook and pen
- Students must bring their own cameras for the shooting of the final project. Your instructor will give you the specifications before the shoot
All sessions are valid for 60 days upon booking
13 and older
- Participants will receive a Certificate of completion from the instructor upon passing a short assessment at the end of the course
- Phones and food are prohibited when the sessions are ongoing
- Group discount applies for group of 5 or above (participants should all be similar ages). Contact our toll free number at 800 3337 to check for availability
- The classes can be organized in any Emirate outside Dubai. Additional transport charges will apply payable directly to the instructor
At your premises
Online via video-calling app