Black and whites have a beauty that colors don't. It brings a surreal touch to artwork with different shadows and tones of grey.
A talented artist will introduce you to drawing pencils and the difference between drawing pencils, graphite pencils, and charcoal. You will learn how to do textures and different effects using charcoals and pencils.
The class will focus on doing portrait sketches. You will practice doing light sketches of faces, learn distance and proportion of the face, level of brows, nose, and lips and getting the correct facial structure. To make it look realistic, you will also figure out the techniques to add shadow contouring and highlight to the face.
You can choose between 4 or 8 sessions depending on what you would like to draw. Each session goes on for 1.5 hours. At the end of the class, you can take the portrait home or gift it to a loved one.
* Students must bring their own material: sketching pencils HB 2B B 4B 6B 8B Charcoal soft, medium, hard. Putty Rubber, sharpener, eraser, sketching pad or book A3 Size
All sessions are valid for 75 days upon booking
13 and older
* For classes at customer's premises, an additional fee of AED 50 to AED 150 will be charged for traveling for each session depending on the distance from Al Raffa
This class can be offered at any one of the following locations:
(1) At customers premise, anywhere in Dubai
(2) Instructors home at New Gold Souq, Al Raffa (Apartment # will be shared upon booking)
(3) Alserkal Avenue, Warehouse 18, Al Quoz