Develop your passion for drawing the human face and body.
In this private, 16-hour (8 sessions x 2 hours) class, you will learn the basics of proportions and draw the human body and faces in a stunningly realistic manner. You have the option to learn ONE of the following options:
- Option 1: Figurative Drawing & Art Anatomy - You will learn the basics of proportions and how to simplify the skeleton. You will learn to draw the skeleton and where the muscles attach, which are crucial for drawing figures from imagination. You'll learn a simplified muscle map, simplified mannequin, and more. What you'll learn:
- The gesture is the rhythm, motion, action, flow, and posture of the pose.
- Know the areas where the bone is at the surface to find forms and measure proportion.
- Create a representation of the 3D body form.
- Shading 3D forms of body
- The hidden secret of drawing various poses.
- Give your drawing volume and perspective.
- Learn the scientific system of measuring humans to apply to drawings.
- Option 2: Portrait Sketching & Art Anatomy - If you want to learn how to draw believable human faces and use that skill to tell stories, express your visions, and draw portraits, this is the option for you. What you'll learn:
- Learn how to use the Loomis Method for constructing the 3D forms of the head. This allows you to draw the head from any angle from your imagination.
- Learn to draw the nose by deconstructing it into major and minor planes.
- Learn how to manage the complexity of the ear.
- Learn anatomy and how to draw realistic eyes step by step.
- Give your portraits luscious lips.
- You’ll learn how to give hair volume in your drawings.
Intermediate & Advanced
- Students may bring an art apron; all other materials will be provided
All sessions are valid for 75 days upon booking
18 and older
- Students should have prior drawing skills and experience
- Classes can be scheduled at student's premises for an additional transport fee of AED 60 per session, to be paid directly to the instructor
At Instructor's Home Studio (Unit # will be shared upon booking)
Dubai International City