This 8-hour introductory DJ course (4 sessions x 2 hours) provides an overview to DJing and teach you all the essential skills you need to use the basics of the DJ equipment. Get exclusive, 1-on-1 training on fundamental DJ tools to mix records for you to pursue your dream and passion.
Key mixing techniques covered in the course:
- Setup & DJ Equipment overview
- Monitoring & Headphone Levels
- Beat Mixing, Bpms, Bars, Cueing & Drop Mixing
- Volume & EQing
- Transitions & phrase mixing
- DJing with USB using Pioneer Rekordbox software
About the instructor:
Charl’s has built a career for over 23 years as a DJ, promoter & entrepreneur with experiences from London, South Africa, Ibiza, Miami to his now residency in Dubai. Charl has been a key player in Dubai’s nightlife industry for over a decade now being the head honcho of Infusion Magazine, the oldest Nightlife & Music platform & authority on the UAE’s nightlife scene since 2005.
Charl has received numerous awards during his career in Dubai, winning the Technics International DJ Competition back in 2006, voted #4 in the DJ Mag Middle East Poll of 2010, receiving the ‘Best Local DJ’ in the TimeOut Nightlife Awards 2012 to being presented the ‘Outstanding Contribution Award’ from HYPE Magazine in 2016.
As an old-time resident DJ, he is still being booked for his quality sets, playing music from his heart & soul at DJ residences like Blue Marlin Ibiza UAE, Electric Vibes & Moe’s alongside his weekly radio show on DanceFM.
* DJ equipment will be provided for practice at the studio
All sessions are valid for 45 days upon booking
7 and older
* You will receive a certificate of completion for Intro to DJ Course
* Avail 5% discount on any equipment purchased at DJ Corner
Just Play Headquarters
15 A Street